Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Catching up to do.

Well it has been awhile since I last posted on here. So much has happened in the last year and a half I'm not sure where to begin. Just for future reference, I'll be refering to H. interchangably as the munchkin and K. as Pebbles. These are just little nicknames that William and I have have for them.
We have moved to Blackfoot to be closer to my family while I was working at the hospital here. William has been working with one of the oil-field companies and is stationed out in North Dakota for two out of three weeks leaving me feeling like a widow while he is gone. I didn't have any support down in Pocatello from his family and who we had thought were friends down there, so we moved. However, the move took a toll on the munchin more than we thought it would. Due to my 8-5 M-F schedule, I was unable to figure out a way to keep her in therapy and had difficulty getting her to her appointments with the neuorologist. Needless to say, she regressed drastically.
I loved my new job at the hospital. I had started it at the end of January, 2011. I was in charge of the billing for the extended care facility and was also doing the follow-up for the blue-cross claims for the hospital. I learned so much and it was fascinating, but it was a stressful job in and of itself. Being a single parent with the issues I was having at home made it worse. I missed William terribly. He had started his job the month or so after I had started mine.
Forgive me while I back track for just a minute. Beginning with my pregnency with K. I had been having more and more headaches which is very odd for me. My mother and my sister have had issues with headaches all their lives, but not me. Anyway, these headaches just kept getting worse and then around the holiday season last year my body would start doing odd things after I took pain meds for the headaches. I would get dizzy, I couldn't walk straight and would literally walk into the walls, my body would start twitching and I developed a stutter. I went to the ER three times and had many tests that showed everything was normal but they wouldn't let me work until my body was safely under control. I was still working as a CNA at an assisted living center at the time. I was refered to a neurologist (different from my daughter's) who said these are just my migraines and prescribed me a medication to take twice a day to help keep them at bay. I'll still get bad ones every so often, at certain times of the month, when I'm really stressed, so on, but this helps to control it.
Anyway, I got it all under control just as I was starting my new job. However, I was starting to get the headaches again about six or seven months into it. Most likely from the stress. I actually fell apart in my boss's office (it about scared her to death). I did some serious thinking after that. I loved the job but was I being fair to them? Was I being fair to my family? Especially the munchkin who was suffering and regressing because neither mommy or daddy were there. William was making enough that I could stay home. The plan was that we were going to move the family to North Dakota so we could all be together, but that hasn't happened yet. Now it looks like we are staying here and William will just continue to travel back and forth. The reason being, we don't know what options there would be for the Munchkin over there. I have her set up now in therapy and she is attending twice a week. They say she is doing well but in the evals she is definately behind. I guess we just take it one day at a time and see what the future will hold for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment