Sunday, July 5, 2009

Weekly menu

This is an idea that I learned at an enrichment activity. I thought it was a good idea and wanted to share it.
I typed up these little "What's for Dinner?" cards (altered a bit from the ones they showed us) in microsoft word. I was able to print nine per page. Anyway, I listed different meals that my family will eat (or rather what I will prepare), where the recipe can be found (like cookbooks, recipe box, family favs, etc), and the number of servings.





On the back I listed the ingredients needed for that particular meal. I did up cards for every meal that we've used. Even ones that don't have a set recipe to follow like spaghetti or burritoes.






I got two baseball card sheets, and labeled each slot with a day of the week. You can also label a slot for a FHE treat as I have done. I then glued magnets onto the back (I should have placed mine differently as you will see). I then can plan my menu for two weeks.






You can take the sheets with you when you shop so you can see what items to get.








These hang on my fridge with the current week on top so I can easily see what I had planned for dinner that night.




Tell me what you think about it.

1 comment: