Saturday, July 4, 2009

The Fourth of July

We had a fun evening planned for the fourth of July this year. We took the munchkin to the park during the afternoon. As you can see from the pics below, she had a blast!
We headed over to the fairgrounds around 5:30 PM to stake out a place. There was only one other group of people there. Sweet!
While William set up our BBQ grill, I took the munchkin over to the carnival for a little bit. She had so much fun. You can't see it very well in the pics but she insisted on Frog joining her. When she was on the motor bike ride, there wasn't anywhere for Frog to sit but she insisted that he join her. The ride operator finally just stuck Frog in the handle bars. With that, she was happy as a clam.
While she was riding, I watched the clouds turn dark, and could see lightening off in the distance. When I started feeling a couple of drops here and there, I decided to let her have one last ride then we should leave. Well, she didn't get that last ride. A minute or two later, the sky dumped on us. We joined everyone trying to find some shelter. While waiting for William to come pick us up, I watched the rain get heavier, denser, and finally saw it begin to hail. Needless to say, cooked up our hot dogs and stuff at home. So much for the fourth of July celebrations. I've never seen it rain like that on this date.

Oh well, there's always next year. I'm glad we had some fun a before the storm hit. I hope everyone else had a good fourth of July.

No comments:

Post a Comment