Monday, April 6, 2015

Surgery

I need to post updates more often. Well, the latest with me is that last year I had the BRCA gene testing done and found I was positive for a mutation with the BRCA II. Two surgeries were recommended. I had one last summer and the other just last week. This took my cancer risk from nearly 80% down to something like 0.02%. That is less than the average woman. I am happy and have absolutely no regrets as far as that goes.

Now I just need to finish healing from this last surgery. It has not been fun. They think there may be an infection trying to set in. I have been having a lot of pain on the right side. More so than on the left. With my last surgery I had gone off of the pain meds by know and was out running (walking) errands and doing a lot more than I am now. I tried to do the same this time and I am in too much pain. The meds they have me on just knock me out too. It is going to take a while to get back to driving I think. My appointment with my surgeon is tomorrow. Wonder what she will say. Sometimes it hurts with the chest expansion when I breath. The pain is even starting down my arm today. It wasn't that bad yesterday when I was at the ER. At least they gave me antibiotics just in case. Yea, I am such a wuss when it comes to pain.

Anyway, except for that, everything is looking good. Incision sites look good, I have decent range of motion, I am up walking around. Gave myself a shower yesterday. Been doing laundry. Just need to stay on top of the pain is all.

I will post again later.

No comments:

Post a Comment